It’s Healthy Weight Week in Australia (13th-19th Feb) and although the focus is to inspire Australians to change their eating habits, cook at home and improve their portion control, I think it is fair to say that all Australian’s should also look to increase their physical activity levels. Together, eating well and exercising right are the key to achieving optimal health!
Here are my top tips to achieving a healthy weight through exercise:
- “The Tortoise and The Hare” Start slow and build up your exercise tolerance. Chances are you may injure yourself if you do too much too soon!
- Participate in physical activity for at least 30 minutes every day. This can be as simple as a walk around the block.
- Mix it up! Don’t be afraid to swim one day or hit the pavement the next: Variety decreases boredom. Variety provides different health benefits.
- Choose something YOU love: walk, run, skip, DANCE!
- Try incidental exercise: opt to do the coffee run instead of putting an order in.
- Set an alarm at work: every 30-60 mins stand up and perform some stretches at your desk.
As an Accredited Exercise Physiologist, I will look at your medical history and current lifestyle, complete some fitness testing and then discuss options to improve your health by setting achievable goals. Visit me at St George Health for a consultation today!
Angelique Houridis: 9553 9823
Accredited Exercise Physiologist